Monday 13 August 2012

And now for the migrants


The migrants have been trickling slowly through over the last few days, with Crossbill, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Ruff, Dunlin (which we were trapping today), Green Sandpiper and Golden Plover all logged on the daily census! There have also been a few stand out birds so far, and two lifers for me! A Sooty Sheerwater on the ferry over was a first for me, and a Wood Warbler provided an excellent start to my stay here yesterday. Today's two birds have to be my favourite so far, one in the form of a Pied Flycatcher, and the other in the form of an Icterine Warbler, my other life tick so far! Rain is forecast for tomorrow, which bodes well for a potential fall of migrants on Wednesday!


Dunlin, Calidris alpina

Wood Warbler, Phylloscopus sibilatrix
Pied Flycatcher, Ficedula hypoleuca


Icterine Warbler, Hippolais icterina


No comments:

Post a Comment